Phone: (604) 874-8008
Address : Queen Elizabeth Park, West 33rd Avenue at Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC
Hours: 11:30am (Monday to Saturday), 10:30am (Sunday)
Date of Visit: Jan. 31, 2013
Parking: Valet Parking $5 or around Queen Elizabeth Park ($2/hour)
- Two varieties.
- Appeared to be fresh but tasted a bit hard.
Yukon Gold Potato Soup
- Thinly sliced beef lightly seared on the sides topped with micro basil, pickled beets, truffle aïoli, ricotta cheese
- A longer sear would have improved the dished
- Beets had a nice crunch
Grilled Steelhead Salmon
- Steelhead Salmon grilled over smoked applewood served on top of braised lentils, double smoked bacon, truffle oil, a side of herb salad.
- Salmon had a flavorful char and a moist center, while the edges were a bit drier. The skin was grilled crispy.
- Braised lentils were very soft and tender.
- Herb salad was fragrant.
- Portions were a bit small
Grilled Bone-in Tenderloin
- Bone-in tenderloin grilled over smoked applewood served on top of a bed of mashed potatoes, and green beans and topped with three onion rings
- Available on the $38 Dineout menu
- The tenderloin had a very nice char on it and was very flavorful and tender.
- The batter of the onion rings were light
- Linguine served with a light tomatoe sauce, grana padano cheese, and garnished with pine-nuts.
- Pasta was unevenly cooked, some parts were tough while other parts were mushy
- Vanilla gelato served with Amaretto anglaise, chilled espresso, and a peacan biscotti.
- Gelato was homemade and smooth and paired very well with the anglaise and chilled espresso.
- Biscotti had a crumbly texture.
- Waitstaff was professional and attentive. We were the only party in the outdoor patio and someone was nearby in case we needed something.
- Blankets were made available to us in case we got to cold outside.
- Dishes arrive quickly
- Elegant and contemporary dining room
- Cozy, modern, and heated patio. Patio chairs were well cushioned. Tables were set next to fireplaces.
- Beautiful view of the park.
- Lounge had comfortable club chairs.
- Private dining area in the lower floor.
- Open kitchen.
- Bathrooms were clean.